Le Times publie ses recettes pour "être française", à l'occasion de la publication d'une interview de Valérie Trierweiler. Ou plutôt, le quotidien britannique s'en remet à Caroline de Maigret pour caricaturer les Françaises, et les Parisiennes en particulier.
正值Valérie Trierweiler的采访发布之际,时代杂志发表了“如何成为法国女人”的要诀一文。更确切的说是英国日报根据Caroline de Maigret书中所说的,描述出法国女人的形象,更确切的是巴黎女人。
"Mais ce livre se moque de lui-même", assure l'interviewée. "Il y a beaucoup de choses que nous faisons parce que nous voulons que notre vie soit un scénario." C'est donc de l'humour, ajoute la jeune femme qui a décliné son livre en une vidéo recensant "10 choses à faire" pour être Parisienne, pour le magazine "i-D". Une vidéo qui se veut, elle aussi, pleine d'auto-dérision...
“这本书有自我嘲笑的意味”,被Valérie Trierweiler如是说。“很多事情我们去做是因为我们想让生活成为一个情景剧。”这是幽默,Caroline de Maigret在她的书和短片让你成为巴黎女人的10件事中也不乏自嘲式的幽默。
1. Miss a fashion show but still have a strong opinion on it.
即使错过时装秀,但也要假装对它有看法。
2. Look at your phone when it rings but don’t pick up.
即使看到手机铃声响起也不要去接。
3. Cross the street when and where you shouldn’t.
无论何时、何地任性地穿马路。
4. Always complain that you can’t smoke inside.
总是在抱怨为什么室内禁止抽烟。
5. Be late use the excuse that you’re just too busy.
我迟到那只是因为我很忙。
6. Order wine at lunch.
没有红酒怎么是午餐呢?
7. Always make sure you’re perfectly lit.
脸上总保持着完美的光泽
8. Don’t be afraid of aging:“Enjoy the face you have today. It’s the one you’ll wish you have 10 years from now.”
不害怕年华老去:享受今日的容颜,以为那将会是10年之后最想成为的样子。
9. Have a definitive opinion on things but do the opposite.
对事物有独到的看法,然而却会做背道而驰的事情。
10. She’s an environmentalist but sometimes takes her scooter to fetch a baguette.
即使是一个环保主义者,偶尔开着摩托去买个面包又何妨。
Au fait, la Parisienne doit aussi être en retard, traverser la rue n'importe comment, paraître très occupée, fumer trop, et ne jamais sourire, d'après les deux Françaises interviewées par le Times.
事实上,巴黎女人总是迟到,乱传马路,总表现的很忙,抽太多烟,从来不笑。
Le sujet de prédilection de Caroline de Maigret est le style parisien. Pour celle qui est également égérie de Lancôme et pour la styliste Isabel Marant, également citée entre guillemets, la Parisienne devrait donc notamment:
Caroline de Maigret的偏好是巴黎人的风格,在Isabel Marant这位兰蔻的顾问的眼中,巴黎女性该是这样的:
-
Porter des talons pendant la grossesse jusqu’à l’entrée en salle d’accouchement
即使是怀孕期,直到生产前都穿高跟鞋
-
S’habiller en noir, blanc, gris, bleu marine occasionnellement en beige…s’il fait beau
总是穿着黑色、白色和海蓝色的衣服,偶尔如果好看的话穿米褐色的。
-
Avoir l’air de sortir du lit, notamment en ne se brossant jamais les cheveux
看起来好像睡觉滚下了床,然而只是因为没有梳头发
-
Rire mais pas trop et surtout pas trop fort
笑,只是微笑,从不大笑
-
Parler politique avec la bouche, parler sexe avec les yeux
用嘴谈论政治却眉飞色舞地说着性
While a true Parisian would have no need for the tips and anecdotes compiled in these pages, it may be of some interest that the most famous Parisians—Marie Antoinette, Josephine Baker, Romy Schneider, Jane Birkin—were and are foreigners. So, there's hope for you yet! Some tips:
虽然对于真正的巴黎人来说这些技巧和修饰是没有必要的,这可能是那些最有名的巴黎人Marie Antoinette, Josephine Baker, Romy Schneider, Jane Birkin,曾经的、现在的外国人的兴趣所在。因此,希望其中也包括你!让我们来看看一些技巧吧!
ON BEAUTY 追求美丽
“The Parisienne retains her little imperfections, cherishes them even (the gap in her smile or her slightly crooked tooth, her prominent eyebrows or strong nose): these are the signs of a certain strength of character and allow her to feel beautiful without being perfect.”
“巴黎女人保留自己的小瑕疵,即使是笑容的确实、微微有些不整齐的牙齿、突出的眉毛或是太过挺直的鼻子:这些都是具有极强个性的标致,让她们感受到并不完美的魅力。
“Falling asleep with damp hair will give it a more interesting shape when you wake up.”
“在头发还是湿漉漉的时候入睡,当你醒来时会有一个更有趣的形状。”
“The skin of your face must be treated as a canvas. Start with a moisturizer . . . then hide any imperfections (bags under your eyes, the sides of your nose, pimples) with concealers (such as Yves Saint Laurent’s Touche Éclat) or a BB cream.”
“脸部的皮肤必须要像画布一样对待。首先要保湿……然后用遮瑕膏隐藏任何缺陷(眼袋,鼻子两侧,粉刺)(比如 Yves Saint Laurent’s Touche Éclat的产品)或是BB霜。
“Be generous (with mascara) on your top and bottom lashes, to accentuate your look and disguise any bags under your eyes.”
“在你的顶部和底部的睫毛要慷慨(睫毛膏),以突出你的样子,并在你的眼睛掩饰什么行李。”
“Short, clean nails, sometimes worn with nail polish—but not always.”
“短而洁净的指甲,有时涂上指甲油,但并非总是如此。”
ON ATTITUDE 处世之道
“Always be fuckable: when standing in line at the bakery on a Sunday morning, buying champagne in the middle of the night, or even picking the kids up from school. You never know.”
“永远是能干的:在星期天造成在面包店前排队买面包;在半夜买香槟;甚至从学校接回孩子。你永远不会知道她们能干什么。”
“Embrace your inner snob. (Because let’s face it, that’s who you are.)”
“拥抱你内心的势利小人。(因为只有面对它,才会知道自己是谁)。”
“The Parisienne is never satisfied.”
“巴黎女人永远不会满足。”
“The Parisienne is arrogant.”
“巴黎女人是傲慢的。”
“The Parisienne already knows what she must think: the opposite of what you think, no matter what.”
“巴黎女人已经知道她必须思考什么:总与你所认为的相反。”
ON PLASTIC SURGERY 整容手术
“Choose one part to focus on, one single operation. The one thing that bothers you the most...Next, put off for as long as possible the age at which you first have work done.”
“只选择一个部位动刀,而且只做一次手术。然后,回到那个最初的能让别人替你做最让你烦恼的事的那个年纪,并且尽量使之持久。”
“A measure of its success is that it is undetectable. You don’t talk about it, you don’t tell people. The main thing is to avoid any operation that distorts or that might turn a woman into a statue or a doll.”
“衡量整容成功与否就是使人无从判断。不要跟人讨论,也别告诉人家你整容了,大家都没察觉,你就成功了。”
ON AGING 关于年龄
“Anticipate, prepare for the future, but never totally correct.”
“人都想预料将来,为将来做准备,但是往往人算不如天算,未来不都能预料到”
“In truth, more than wanting to look young—which is but a fleeting illusion—they want above all to become the best possible version of themselves, outside and in, at any age”
“事实上,比起想要看起来年轻,这种短暂的幻想,她们更想要在任何年纪都能展现最好的自己,无论是外在还在内在。”
“As your face gets messier with age, you hair can get neater, for balance.”
“如果你的脸已经足以掩饰你的年龄,那头发可以蓬松一点以示平衡。”
ON STYLE 穿衣风格
“When it comes to revealing herself, she follows one golden rule: less is definitely more...A skirt that rides ever so slightly up her thigh when she sits down in a café; a wide-necked tee that slips down her shoulder as she waves for the waiter; the surreptitious hint of her breasts when she leans down to pick up her bag.”
“当提到如何展示自己时,她遵循一个黄金法则:少即是多。当她坐在咖啡馆时裙子要稍稍上滑露出大腿;当她示意服务生时T恤宽松的衣领就会滑下她的肩膀;当她俯身拿起她的包时胸部就会若隐若现。”
“You don’t have to spend a decade’s worth of salary on your wardrobe, or flaunt designer brands the whole time. All you need is one signature item: the one you wear when you need to feel strong.”
“你不必为那些在你的衣柜里的衣服花上十年的工资,也不必整天炫耀你的衣服是哪个设计师设计的是什么品牌。你只需要一个标志:当你穿着它的时候你感觉自己很强大。”
“If the Parisienne could wear just a Burberry trench and nothing underneath, she would be in heaven.”
“如果一个巴黎女人能穿着一件Burberry的风衣,那么即使她里面什么都不穿,她也会觉得自己拥有一切”
ON FITNESS AND DIET 健康与节食
“Cancel your gym session to have a drink with your friend who’s just been dumped.”
“取消健身安排去和刚分手的那个他喝一杯。”
“Decide it’s great to get dumped, because falling in love again makes you lose your appetite, and in turn eat fewer calories—which defeats the need for that gym membership.”
“分手是件好事,因为当你再次恋爱的时候会失去胃口反过来就会摄入更少的卡路里,这样就抵消了去健身房的需求”
声明:双语文章中,中文翻译仅代表译者个人观点,仅供参考。如有不妥之处,欢迎指正。
“Eat croissants and buttered toast for breakfast—because it’s Saturday morning and you burned enough calories last night, damn it.”
“星期六的早晨要吃羊角面包和奶油吐司,因为昨晚消耗了太多的能量,该死的!”
Have this conversation: 有过这样的谈话
“I think I’ve gained weight.”我觉我胖了
“Really? Are you on a diet?” 真的?那你节食没?
“No I keep failing” 不行,节食总是坚持不下去
“Are you working out?”那你出去锻炼了吗?
“Nope. I don’t have time.”没有,我没时间
“So what are you doing about it?”那你打算怎么办
“I’m going to buy myself a long coat”我打算买件长外套
|